Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating the Divine...

i absolutely love that today is our day! I have greeted every single woman i saw today and wished them all a happy women's day.  it's funny to see the different reactions from different people. for example, two elder women happened to come by womb to grow today.  they wanted help filling out their passport applications.  this isn't a service i provide, but i had the time, so we filled them out.  i don't think they understood what just happened when they wanted to pay..."no you don't understand, i'm just helping you, i don't usually do this"  their faces we're shocked.  then they both smiled such tremendous smiles and thanked me for my time, and said it was so nice of me to take the time to help them, and i said..."well, it is women's day, just accept this as a gift from one sister to another"  well did they ever like that idea!  they we're giggling and and patting me on my shoulder.  then one of the ladies pretended to raise a glass and she said..."to sisters"
i almost started crying!  it was the highlight of my international women's day.  and to think that i didn't take their pictures for you. oh well.
as i posted on my other blog i think that having a day to call our own signifies that if we can universally celebrate women on this one day, than in reality we have every right to celebrate women all the time.  so take your feeling for other women on this day to tomorrow, and the day after that.  connect with the women you pass by each day as intensely as you connect with those women in your life you are close to.  we are the divine and we should see that always in each other.

I'm reading 'The Witch of Portobello' at the moment.  Last night i highlighted a couple of passages that I really connected to in honour of my authentic self, and my struggle with feminist theory...



'When you're washing up, pray.  Be thankful that there are plates to be washed; that means there was food, that you fed someone, that you lavished care on one or more people, that you cooked and laid the table.  Imagine the millions of people at this moment who have absolutely nothing to was up an no one for whom to lay the table.
There are women who say: I'm not going to do the washing up, let the men do it.  Fine, let the men do it if they want to, but that has nothing to do with equality.  Nonsense! As if washing up or wearing a bra or having someone open or close a door could be humiliating to me as a woman.  The fact is, I love it when a man opens the door for me.  According to etiquette this means, "She needs me to do this because she's fragile," but in my soul is written: "I'm being treated like a goddess.  I'm a queen."  Both men and women are a manifestation of the Mother, the Divine Unity.  No one can be greater than that.'

do ya'll feel that?!!  That passage gave me a lot of inspiration for this piece i'm working on called 'professional mother'  it won't be ready for my performance tonight, but the fire is sparked, and tonight's event will just provide more fuel... i'm sure of it.
come by the arts station 7 to 9 pm and celebrate the divine...here's a shot from last years event.

No comments:

Post a Comment